I want a simply table, not too big, not too elaborate. This one is nice. I really like the chairs for some reason. I'm in love with table runners so I'd dress this up a bit with a beautiful runner and a decorative piece or two.
I want a buffet. On my floor plan I drew it in front of a window. Because of this, I don't want it to be very high. I want it to be a piece that can be used to place food on if I have friends over. And I want something that offers storage space. Here's an idea below.
The one above is nice and I would seriously consider it but I get all nervous that it would get cluttery-looking with those glass windows (also glass isn't a great idea with the little guy as I've mentioned before). So here's another one that I really love. It has good height and has closed storage.
We have a small breakfast bar. We have yet to purchase stools for it. Here are some that I really like.
In our defense, we did almost purchase stools that were similar to the ones below. However, they were out of stock at the time. I didn't want to settle on another style so we decided to wait. We've been waiting for a year now...hahaha...that's what happens when hubby has such a busy work schedule.
Last, but not least, I'd like to have a nice desk and set up a little computer/home office area. I like this simple, modern one.
I love the corner desk idea, however this would put limits on where I could place it if I ever decided to rearrange. This one is not very practical because they aren't proper places for the extras like the printer. I have seen other corner desks though that do.
Okay, so there are my dining room ideas. I think after this post I'll take a break from all this furniture talk. We won't be starting this for at least a few more weeks and even when we do it'll take time to complete everything. I just think it's important to plan ahead of time.
Good night! ;-)
images from overstock.com








No comments:
Post a Comment