Monday, November 30

bag bling

I've had a love of bags (aka: purses, pocketbooks, etc...depending where you live) since I was a little girl. I still remember the cobalt blue clutch that my Mom left me get (to match my cobalt blue slip-ons) when I was very young and what now appears to be ahead of my time. ;-) I've gone through many, MANY phases with my bags; size, style, color, etc. I don't really have a set style, design, or color. I have bought bags for under $10 at Wal-Mart, designer bags with much bigger price tags, and everything in between. I think a bag shows a lot about who you are, so there's really no right or wrong.

This past Spring I was taking a little look in Guess while hubby was next door purchasing some clothes when I saw this girly, blingy thing:

It came in pink and green and in about three different sizes. Although green is one of my two fav colors (purple is right up there with green), this pink one was calling to me for some reason. Now, this was right before we were about to travel and I didn't want to spend a chunk of money on a "fun" bag right before vacation. So I was a good little girl, said good-bye, and left the store. I meet hubby outside and casually mentioned that I saw a really awesome bag. He says, "Show me.". So we walk in and I show him. He picks it up and takes it to the counter and before I knew it, I was the proud owner of this huge, girly thing (I went for the biggest size).

This bag is great for holding my things and little guys' supplies. I don't have to bring an extra baby/kid bag along. But I must say this is not a bag I can use all the time. It does get heavy and can cause shoulder aches. But when I'm out with little guy and don't want to have a lot of stuff to carry, I can throw everything in here and I'm good to go.

Even though hubby was so sweet by buying it for me, he STILL teases me. He thinks it's so ugly and hideous. But, I really don't care. I've always been an individual with these kinds of things. I could care less who approves or disapproves of my taste. Because this is my fun bag, my girl bag, my "I wanna have fun" bag. And as long as I feel happy, that's all that really matters. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Well, hello there! how the heck are you? Sorry I haven't stopped by in awhile. Give everyone a hug n' smooch for me. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete