Friday, July 2

five things: places i can't wait to eat at :)

This time next week we should be on the plane, flying to America. Crazy how time flies, right? But I'm not complaining as I'm super excited to go home and see my family. I'm also super excited about all the good food options in the US. We have great food here in Saudi, but there are many things hubby, little guy, and I miss from the US. Here are five places I plan to eat at within my first week. :)

Mmmmm, I love sooo many things from this place. They have the best salad, great bread sticks, and yummy appetizers. My favorite dish is Chicken Parmesan. And don't forget dessert; cappuccino with a slice of cheesecake....yummy!

We love steaks and Outback has the best. They also have awesome things such as the Bloomin' Onion, Grilled Shrimp, and Steamed Broccoli. And it's not like my hips can afford it, but I usually indulge in some Cheesecake here as well.

KFC

I know, of all places I'm excited for KFC? Here's the deal. We have KFC here in Saudi but it in no way compares the KFC in America. Hubby and I won't even eat KFC here in Saudi, but order so much of it while in the US that family members joke about our local KFC's profit during our visits.

A few years ago Hungry Howie's Pizza opened in my hometown. I wasn't too familiar with it and assumed it was just your regular pizza/sub kind of shop. Then one day we ordered. And the rest is history. We were hooked. I LOVE their pizza. You can pick from about six different flavors for your crust. So YUMMY!



Sheetz

Unless you're from the PA area, you may be unfamiliar with this store. Sheetz started as a little convenience store in my hometown. Sometime after, they starting selling fuel. And over the years they have grown into this:

They have freshly brewed coffee, made to order subs (known as MTOs), fountain drinks, donuts, and much, much more. It's a great place to order from when it's spur of the moment, and everyone wants something different. We have done this many times in my family. You may look around the table and see a salad, a foot long sub, a burger with fries, pizza, quesadillas, and hot dogs. And all of these were freshly made in minutes. It's a great place for coffee runs too. This is a place that we always stop at before a road trip. We fill up the gas tank and grab some snacks and drinks. When we pass a Sheetz I know I'm close to home.

Needless to say picking only five places was not easy. We definitely take things for granted in life. You never realize how much you love something until it's not around. ;)

1 comment: