Here are the goals I set in my previous post about a fresh start:
Although I prepared everything the night before, and woke up early, I was always running late in the morning. Little guy not wanting to wake up, traffic, and construction all played a part, but I can and WILL do better. I did make it to my class on time so that's why I didn't fail myself. And on a positive note, little guy and I are doing MUCH better this term, so far. I hope to continue and do even better.
#2: Sleep well
My grade: F
I'm not even going to waste our time on this one. I am not sleeping nearly enough and it's wearing me down. I need major help on this one...to be continued.
#3: Be even more organized
My grade: A
I'm always organized but I have found ways to be even more so. My desk is neat and orderly despite the chaos I deal with. I make weekly menu plans for our meals. And even though we're not yet finished with our remodel, my house is neat and clean (well, at least the rooms we're using).
#4: Spend more time with hubby
My grade: C
Even though we've been able to hang out more, it isn't enough. Not for two people who are crazy in love (come on now, we broke cultural barriers and survived 3 1/2 years of long distance to be together). I blame work. This picture above makes me smile because this is so typical of us. My hubby dressed for work with his laptop hanging on his shoulder and us hugging before he leaves, yet again. It's not his fault, his job is very demanding, but it takes away from "us time". I also blame my job. In the 1st semester I had 1-2, or more, hours of work that I brought home everyday. So far things are looking up though. I'm able to finish many more things at work and have brought much less home this week. And hubby and I both have made great efforts on this goal. I want to continue working on this one as well as more family time; like family movie night, where little guy, hubby, and me snuggle up on the couch, watch a good movie, and munch on popcorn. Life is too short not to savor up the goodness.
#5: Pause and breathe in as much of my son as possible
My grade: A+
Little guy and I spend tons of time together. We have a bond that I hope lasts forever. We have special inside jokes that make us both laugh together. We watch shows and movies together, we play together, we do arts and crafts together, we dance around, sing, and have fun together, and we snuggle together. I am very involved in his school and I'm having a great time in doing so. I really feel like I'm enjoying life with him. Many people here in Saudi rely on their housekeepers to play nanny and do everyday things for their kids; feeding, bathing, homework, playing, etc. But I refuse. Little guy is MY son, I'm his mother, and it's my job and my pleasure to raise him. I'm loving every minute of it!
#6: Make time for me
Grade: B
Even though I've only taken one bubble bath in the past few months, I'm giving myself a good grade. You see, life in my house is a little crazy with all this remodeling. So it's very challenging. But I have managed to have some computer time and I think I've been taking good care of myself (except that sleeping thing) so I'm okay on this. However, I do need to improve and hopefully that can happen very soon as my new bathroom is almost complete. Yay!
#7: Accomplish large goals
Grade: A+ (for me and for hubby)
We've completed so much with this remodel that we deserve a vacation. Although that would be ironic to get away from the house that we've spent so much time and money on improving...lol. But seriously, I feel like our lives have been turned upside down with all of this. We so deserve the final, finished product.
#8: Keep in touch with family
Grade: A
Thanks to the Internet, Facebook, emails, and MagicJack I get to communicate with my family a lot. And that makes me super happy. Hello to you guys if you're reading this. :)
#9: Take more time for religion
Grade: D
I'm not happy with myself on this one. Praying is not enough for me. I want to do more reading. I want to be inspired daily. I must make a greater effort...PERIOD.
#10: Breathe
Grade: B
I've improved a lot. I feel confident in my work both at work and here at home. I really don't care what anyone thinks or says (not that I sense anyone is thinking or saying anything), I know who I am and I know my intentions are always good. And even though last semester at work was horrible and we've been confined to small areas of our home during this remodeling, I've been able to hold it together. I may just have to give myself a pat on the back for all that. ;)
So my overall conclusion is that I'm doing pretty well in most areas, but need to really improve on a few others. I think I may just have to print this out and post it somewhere where I can refer to it daily. I need to keep myself in check. I'll let you know how I did at the end of this school year. ;)
images via fotosearch












No comments:
Post a Comment