Sunday, May 1

ready for vacation

Ahh.  I am soooo ready for summer vacation.  We're almost done with our curriculum at work and the end is in sight.  It doesn't help that for some reason they have graduation ceremonies here weeks before students actually graduate.  It's one of the stangest things.  Our 6th graders had their graduation last week but they still have several weeks left to complete.  Having a graduation party make me feel like the year should be complete.  But alas, we will go into the month of June.

I just want to sit and relax without thoughts of lesson plans or school projects.  I remember this cool chair I spotted duing our trip to Ohio last year.  This could be the perfect spot for chilling out on a warm, breezy summer day.


Or how about a place like the one below?  Lay out a big beach blanket, stand up an umbrella, and open some beach chairs.  Feel the beachy breeze, smell the salt watery air, feel the sand between your toes, and just listen to the waves crash as the seagulls sing their special tune.  Lesson plans would be a memory of the past.


I am so ready to pack our suitcases for our annual summer trip.  I love when we see this sign, the sign of my home state welcoming us home.


I'll even forgive the never ending construction PA is so well known for.  Look at those mountains and all that green.  I miss home.



In two and half months I hope to be driving on this very road.  It's the road leading us from the airport onto the three hour drive to my hometown.  Those three hours are the most tiring but the most exciting.  It's an incredible feeling that I'm so ready to feel.


But until then it looks like lesson plans, projects, and some end of the year wrap-ups are in order.  These will not however keep me from counting down the days til vacation.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Those last few hours from Pittsburgh to Altoona are the longest most tiring on the trip, especially with kids in the van. Although you're lucky you have one, with four it takes forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is what my girl friend said too. her kids drive her nuts at times but she miss them regardless. : )

    ReplyDelete